A Few Tips for Increasing Your Productivity
We live in a demanding and distracting world. Being productive can sometimes feel like an impossible feat. Here are a few ways to get more done without burning out:
1. Keep one to-do list. Include everything you want or need to do in one place. Writing it down helps get it off your mind and leaves you free to focus on the task at hand.
2. Do the most important thing first. Before you leave work in the evening, decide what one thing you need to accomplish the next day. Do it first thing in the morning, when you’re likely to have the most energy and fewest distractions.
3. Schedule time for non-urgent things. It’s easy to get caught up in the pressing issues of the day. Block off time in your calendar to do things that would otherwise get squeezed out, like writing, thinking creatively, or building relationships.
4. Live like a sprinter, not a marathoner. When you work continuously, you’re actually progressively depleting your energy reservoir as the day wears on.
5. Monitor your mood. When demand begins to exceed your capacity, one of the most common signs is an increase in negative emotions.
6. Schedule specific times for activities in your life that you deem important but not urgent.
Today’s management tip is based on “Six Ways to Supercharge Your Productivity” by Tony Schwartz.